Besides sightseeing walks, musea, monuments and tapas on a sunny terrace --did you know that when you order a drink you get a free tapa?-- you can use your holiday to follow your hobby or to try and discover new experiences.
1. Learn (or improve your) Spanish! DestiSur school offers you custom one-to-one lessons with qualified native teachers for just € 22.- per hour (price for 1 and 2 people). Find out more on www.destisur.es.
2. Discover the festival Cascamorras, suitable for all ages. It takes place in September and it has been declared of International Tourist Interest.
3. Do you like horse riding? You can enjoy riding lessons or tours in the amazing landscapes of Guadix and surroundings.
4. Practise adventure sports such as canyoning, hiking, kayaking, rappel or zip wire. Prices depend on the activity and number of participants.
5. Guadix is known for its pottery. Follow a workshop and have fun exploring clay through hand-building, wheel-throwing and more. Starting from € 30.- (materials included).
6. Holy Week in Andalusia is a must see. Go to any of the many processions. You'll never forget the moment when the silence of the crowd is broken by a heartfelt saeta.
7. Dance sevillanas, from € 6.- per hour.
8. Relax and indulge yourself in the Balneario de Graena, it's just five minutes away.
9. Go skiing in Sierra Nevada. The season goes from late November to early May! The last week of the season you can even ski in your swimming trunk/bikini! More information aquí.
10. And if you think you can't do without beach/sea... the coast of Almería is just 1 hour and 30 minutes away.